When Black doesn't haunt!

If after reading the title you thought that this article was related to Halloween or ghosts, then you would perhaps be mistaken.

In fact, this is just an incident that unveiled the irony of notions around black and made me realize the power of mistakes.

There was a competition for which registration had to be done through Microsoft forms. While filling the form they asked for a particular social media ID that I didn’t have. So, I just filled it up with random letters to see what was on the next page. And then by mistake I ended up submitting the form that carried all my wrong information. I really wanted to participate in that competition but it allowed only one response per person.

I felt very guilty for such a stupid mistake and started wondering how such a mistake could be done?

Turns out that mistakes are the only thing other than your achievements that help you grow. Sometimes we must lose in order to gain because some lessons are best learnt through pain.

So at that time I was not able to digest that I could have done something so silly and I started making very lame excuses like,” It was the form’s mistake that it got auto-submitted”.

I realised that I was a very weak person because I could not carry the guilt that accompanies oneself when one makes a mistake. Likewise, if you start blaming others you feel angry for other’s fault.

That moment I finally understood why they say that we should see a mistake as just a mistake. Not as his/her mistake. “MY” brings guilt so heavy and “HIS/HER” brings anger so dangerous. Only “MISTAKE” brings realisation and possible improvement.

And from that day I started following a BLACK principle. This black does not refer to a dark event or evil but refers to a person evolving as:

B – big enough to admit mistakes

L – lionhearted enough to correct them

A – alive enough to take another challenge

C – confident enough to not give up

K – keen enough to find my weaknesses


Comments

  1. Amazingly written Khushi! You have written such an awesome blog! I mean that words cannot express my feelings, nor the inspiration that I get from you. You are so wonderful. Your words are immensely appreciated and valuable. The blog is soooo amazing 👏🏻👏🏻. The term black is often regarded as bad or evil by us but the meaning of black which you have created is really different.
    I believe your whole blog can be summed up into 3 words- You are incredible!
    Keep on writing..
    Love,
    Payoja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Payoja, loved to hear your good words. All I can ask is for you to keep motivating me.🙂

      Delete
  2. Oh my god khushi! What an amazing blog. You are getting better day by day. The thoughts that you have incorporated in your blog are fabulous. I'll be waiting for your next blog. Good job and keep writing 👍
    -Gracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gracy, it is always your reviews that keep me geared up for writing more!!

      Delete
  3. Wow Khushi, very good article and it has got a deep meaning as well, it really need to be a big hearted to admit one's mistakes rather than imposing it on someone else or circumstances. Keep writing such wonderful articles ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ashwika. Nothing is a greater gift than hearing such positive feedback from a best friend 😍

      Delete
  4. No words amazing article khushi. YOU might not realise but your articles have inspired and motivated so many along the way. Amazing 🤩
    ~kunjal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Kunjal. Thank you for your great and beautiful remarks.😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful thoughts beautifully penned down khushi..Your blog is just amazing leaving me speechless. We all always refer black as a sign of negativity though it isn't. Your blog will help me to remove darkness from my life, by accepting and trying to improve my mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annika , after reading your blog that we should not disregard negativity and rather bring our positive attitudes toward it as a offering made me realise the need to pen down a few words on this topic.

      Delete
  8. Black is beautiful! Well written. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you😀. Black happens to be my favourite colour

      Delete
  9. wow khushi ! you really gave the colour black a whole another meaning . It's amazing to see the how beautifully you express the thoughts ignored by most of the people . I'm a bit late in reading these but keep up the blogging !
    - Gauri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your suggestions and opinions please !

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing Life through a Pizza

A Rainbow in humans

A line of diyas