Battles 2.0 - new ways to fight

Try remembering the last time you fought with someone; and then try to recall the reason why the quarrel began.

Recently, I had a tiff with my elder brother over some stationery item that he took without asking me. At that moment it seemed like a very important matter to fight about but now that I come to think of it, I feel the reason was so stupid.

Wherever you see you will surely find arguments, fights, and even big misunderstandings that can lead to killings and deaths. From young children fighting over toys to even big emperors, everyone fought for just one mere reason – that is satisfaction of one’s greed. Not just greed of money or objects but the greed to defeat someone.

When I first read about the Battle of Plassey, World War 1, Samrat Ashoka and many other history battle, I was unable to point out the exact reason for these fights to take place, for all this bloodshed. Even now I am in search for the answer. So, I asked this question to my dad. Being a 9-10-year-old child, I could barely understand when my dad told me that all rulers fought over land and power. It sounded so silly and I was like, “What’s wrong with these people, couldn’t they just give money and buy that land? What’s the fun in slaughtering hundreds and thousands of people just to get a piece of land?”

Now I realise that even though money can give us land, it will never be able to give us the sense of superiority over others.

I had read somewhere, “Even though you cannot buy happiness you can always buy your favourite thing because that is a kind of the same thing.” But I had never thought that history would reveal such a cruel version of the saying.

Coming back to present, though we all fight over little things let us fight with different weapons- a different version of fighting, one that purifies the soul rather than contaminate it.

Shoot an arrow full of trust, that burns away all jealousy

Use a sword made of forgiveness, to kill all misunderstandings

Hold the guns made of kindness, tell that love is everywhere to be found

And use bombs of joy , that spread happiness everywhere


Comments

  1. Really amazing Khushi !!
    Day by day you are writing wonderful and better blogs !!
    Very beautiful thoughts and an awesome way to express them ....
    Waiting eagerly for your next blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work khushi. It's one of your best blogs.Amazing write-up πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒThanks for sharing this blog with me. Keep writing
    -Gracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gracy. Your words mean a lot to me πŸ˜€❤️

      Delete
  3. You really think very beautifully. A common fight that we have everyday with our siblings can teach a big life lesson.I feel immense pleasure that I got the opportunity to read this amazing blog. Keep writing and keep aspiring Khushi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your inspiring words Anjika !!!!

      Delete
  4. Hey Khushi!
    It's no wonder that you have written such an appealing blog. You have taken lessons from the very small things that happen in our lives which is indeed incredible. It's not just explicit but also accurate. We do fight over small things that conflict our soul and inner peace. Thanks to this amazing blog written by the amazing writer Khushi I got to learn so much.
    Keep shining 🌟
    Payoja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly Payoja thank you for your appreciation, and secondly I have to compliment you for your ability to see the good in everyone. Putting aside all the differences you always try to find positivity in life . Keep up that spirit πŸ’œπŸ€—

      Delete
  5. Very well expressed Khushi. I think as very vividly explained by you, life is full of conflicts -- some within and some outside and we have to take a call on which side we want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much chacu. Your words truly mean a lot to me and your compliment made my day ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much chacu. Your words truly mean a lot to me and your compliment made my day ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your suggestions and opinions please !

Popular posts from this blog

A Rainbow in humans

Seeing Life through a Pizza

A line of diyas