Humane branding

One month ago, when I was not ready to eat outside food because of the fear of the virus, my uncle asked me, “Will you eat samosas from a nearby shop?” I immediately refused, saying that the shop would not have good hygiene, but it was mostly because I had never heard of that local shop. Then my uncle offered to order some pizzas from a restaurant and I agreed without even thinking because I had seen the advertisements of that eating joint on television.

It is quite ironical that not long after that day, I found my Civics book of the previous year. That book had a chapter wherein it was mentioned that because of branding and advertising, people tend to buy the things that were advertised and had logos of a particular company. At that time, I found it very difficult to believe but now I had experienced it myself.

I remember studying that the concept of branding originated from animals. Shepherds had started using this to identify the sheep when they were herding. I kept wondering for a few days that from animals, this concept had transferred to objects; and today, our trust towards an object depends on whether they are given a brand name.

Is this the case with human beings too?

Do we seriously forget that it is the qualities of a person that matter and not his/her advertisements or promotions? Is it that a logo matters more than the emotions?

Well, if this is how human nature is, if indeed we choose a person with a business card over a person with a good personality. Is it the time to change what everyone has to offer and how everyone is to be identified?

Money, power or cards do not define us. We do not need something to state our worth because real gems shine even when their worth is not spoken of. Similarly, we all can have a business card; we all can have our own brand names, if only we let our inner beauty shine through and get reflected in our business cards alias our personality!

We must convert our smiles into our logo, our qualities into our business cards, our learnings into our brand names. Thus, our personalities will become our advertisements and the way we leave others feeling after an experience with us will become our trademark.

                                                          


Comments

  1. Great job Khushi !! 😊💝💐💐🤗👍👍👌👌👏👏👏
    Really well written !!
    Amazing job 👌👍 ....
    Waiting for the next one !! ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow an amazing analogy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khushi you are an amazing writer. Not just by the fact that I read your BLOGS but I knew it since 5th. And also we are what we are by our qualities not just only by the recognition or prominence or accolades we gain. A very nice thought delineated!
    ~kunjal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kunjal !! We're indeed lucky to know each other . I have also realised that I should keep on recommending you more books for I can see a change in your way of writing as well

      Delete
  4. I really admire your imagination skills.. A very beautiful article.. I thank you for both Khushi, for writing your beautiful thoughts and sharing them with us. Keep going 👍.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anjika. Same here, I like your articles too. After all only a writer can understand another writer 😉

      Delete
  5. Omg khushi another breathtaking blog!! I really enjoyed reading the it. Will be waiting for more such remarkable blogs.👌👌👍
    -Gracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for keeping me motivated Gracy. 💕💕

      Delete
  6. Beautifully written!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Khushi,
    I am thrilled to read such an interesting blog. Your blogs focus on every aspect of human life and emotions. It's so true that we do choose branded products over quality products. I feel so amazed after reading this. A really great blog.
    Warm regards
    Payoja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear Payoja. You have a great ability of choosing such words that always make me happy . In fact you make everyone happy by spreading your sweetness.💖

      Delete
  8. Wowww Khushi. Can't believe this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your suggestions and opinions please !

Popular posts from this blog

A Rainbow in humans

Seeing Life through a Pizza

A line of diyas